Wednesday, February 10, 2010

To boldly go...

I am a huge Star Trek fan! The motto "To Boldly Go..." is a wonderful description of my entry into the world of blogging. Another way to put it might be the biblical expression, "Put out into the deep, and prepare for a catch." My hope is that this blog be another way for Jesus to reach you and to call you by name to become a "fisher of men" (of course men and women, young and old.) As a Vocation Director I travel a lot so I hope to share with you, and to have our seminarians and Cameron Smith a Youth minister, the exciting journey of discovery of Jesus' call for you to follow Him!

Right now I'm in between vocation trips. Last weekend drove 410 miles to celebrate with over 200 teens at the Wyoming Youth Retreat 2000 then celebrated 6 masses at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cheyenne, preaching vocations, Friday 2/12/10 I'll be in Lander to celebrate mass with the students of the Wyoming Catholic College and the parishioners of Holy Rosary parish. I'll sent posts from the road.